Friday, 14 March 2008

Tuition Birthday

It was 13 March. Thursday Again! If I had thought it’ll be ‘just’ another session at WSC, how wrong I was.

The sessions usually alternate between tuition and games. That day was tuition time. After we went through the usual routine to pass clearance, we proceeded to give them one-on-one tuition. Things went smoothly; the volunteers tried their best to teach them. On my hand, I taught history and it stunned me how attentive my tutee was. I had to confess though I was a History student in Secondary School, I never quite paid that much attention to my teacher before!

How time flies! Before long, it was time to leave. Then Jianwen reminded us that there was special activity coming up! Without further ado, we hurried to the area in front of the reception desk and sat down quickly. It turns out that some of our volunteers are having their birthday this week! Out came the birthday cards that we had written for Jun Wei, Ivy and JiaYin, as well as a big chocolate birthday cake!

Luck has it that only JiaYin was present. Excited as we were, Rabin, Chin Han, Seow Hong, Ah Chai and Boon Ming lit up the candles and we were ready to start! There was a mini ‘birthday prezzie’ presentation to Jia Yin by JianWen, while we sang a loud ‘happy birthday’ song to her. 21st birthday! Wow!
The ‘prezzie’ turned out to be M&M’s that JiaYin decided to share with us. So, while Boon Meng passed out the pieces of cake, we also munched on the M&Ms’ that JiaYin was so kind to share.

All in all, we had a fun and enjoyable time that night, and our stomachs were so full that supper was skipped! Yup, I’m really looking forward for another exciting time at Youth this coming Thursday!


Jianwen and JiaYin

Lydia and Celine

Ravaged cake

M&M's for everyone

The rest of the crew

Just for laughs

By Barbara Rebecca

No comments: