Thursday, 30 December 2010

Hearts D-camp

I will just do short entry here since most of what happen zhenjie has it.

The camp was a success and i believe that the boys really enjoyed themselves. For me, it was like at first most boys thought they didn't want to be in the camp and that we are depriving them of their resting time but as the camp progresses most of them started enjoying themselves and opening up to us and share many things with us.

They are really a very adorable bunch of boys and as much as we try to make the programs enjoyable for them, their crappiness and fun-loving natures brought lots of laughter to us as well. As I talked to them, I realise the boys have their own dreams and goals they want to achieve which is really a good thing. Some wants to be soccer players while others hope to become guitarist and even comedians and they do have a great talents in these things. We really do have alot to learn from these boys too.

A really memorable part of the camp was the performance presentation at the end. Everyone of us enjoyed ourselves greatly. My group Phelps really throw all out on the dance floor and despite the little accidents like flying slippers, our entertainment effect was one of the greatest. Im proud to say that we got second! Good job Phelps!

Friendships were formed and bonds were strong but all good things come to an end and 2 days past in the blink of an eye. I really hope everything could have lasted longer but at the same time really glad that I am returning to the comfort of my bed and home.

Thank you all volunteers for making all these possible. A bigger thank you to my fellow Phelps group leader Jing Yi and King for getting the boys to be really high-spirited and encouraging them to participate in the activities. It was a great 2-day and I hope all of you have as much fun as I do:)

And the speech at night by the little boy was really awww! so sweet!

Author: Siew Ping (the one that collects the money in case some of u don't know me yet)

No comments: