Tuesday, 4 January 2011

D camp 'ROCKs'

I will keep the blog short since majority of the events during the camp had already been mentioned. Although the camp had ended 1 week ago, everything that had happened during the camp is still fresh in my mind...

ARMSTRONG (ROCK):
All the youths in ARMSTRONG have did a great job throughout the camp starting from day1… They are always willing to share their ideas and creativity to design the flag, mascot, cheer and even the dance (they have done Armstrong proud). During the games, they are always working hard as a team and aiming high (to be the champion). Each individual youth is able to contribute in one way or another despite the difference in age, size and height… One thing that I am glad to see is that they are always willing to let each individual member to participate or contribute to each game despite in the difference in ability for each game. Their never say die attitude is the reason for their good performance during the camp.

Overall:
Overall I think the camp is a success since the camp is carryout quite smoothly (although there may be some unforeseen circumstances occurring…). However, I did not manage to have a lot of interaction with other youths other than my team, ARMSTRONG (they ROCK). Maybe next time can swap group or have sister group system (just random suggestion). As for the prize, I think it is better to just announce the top 3 while just stating consolation prizes for the rest as compared to announcing their position (so as to keep their morale high for the next day). The games planned were quite fun and I believed most of them enjoy it too (especially my ARMSTRONG). Special thanks to all the games IC and logistic IC. Lastly, I would like to take this chance to thank BLK D centre head, Zheng Xin for allowing me to join the camp, all the game IC and logistic IC for their efforts during the camp (I believe the youths appreciate your effort too). And not forgetting my ARMSTRONG GLs (SW, Adillia, HX, ZJ), without you all I will not have so much fun in the camp with ARMSTRONG :) . 3 cheers for BLK D… and enjoy your remaining holiday :)

Kimleng

No comments: