Sunday, 2 January 2011

D' camp two o one o :)

D' camp was my first camp since 3 and a half years ago. Thank you all, for reversing my impression of camps, all the volunteers and boys.

Since I was one of the game ICs, I shall talk about games.
Day 1: Circuit games/ Captain's ball. From the flour game, I know we will die from determining the winners. They were too good at all kinds of games. But despite their competitiveness, many still wanted to play fair. And despite their rowdiness among themselves, many were still gentle and nice.

Day 2: Mod. Table Soccer/ Scissors Paper Stone. Table soccer was certainly a test of their patience. Even I got irritated by the sight of them having to hold the poles lol. I think if we allowed them to break it, they would definitely break it. The GLs were very supportive of their groups and made up for the insufficient numbers. I think that meant a lot to them. The kind nature of some boys were revealed more and more through the games, especially the dirty games. I don't know how to play the scissors paper stone game and thank you Zhiyu for helping me and we at least managed to finish it. It was super difficult to gather the boys when they saw the flour and brown liquid on the canvas so it was really phew when one of the boys from Phelps actually volunteered to be first and even gathered the rest of the group. Armstrong was also very spontaneous. Thanks to their spontaneity, the game was easier to conduct and I laughed like mad at the way they flipped instead of just rolling. Kudos to the GLs in this game as well you were faster than the boys in lying down :)

I think the performance on the second night was the highlight of the camp. Cute, fun, dorky, humourous, daring and undeniably talented. I thought the performance part would turn out haywired judging from their heck care attitudes but hahaha apparently I was very wrong.

I think my only regret was not being a GL because being a GL would be a legitimate reason to sit with your group and more time for interaction, compared to the position of a game IC. I did not dare to find the group for fear of them thinking I am coming in and out and would be irritated. Hence the only time I spoke to them was during the barbeque and some of the boys asked why I was not one and I didn't know what to say. Nonetheless, thank you Armstrong boys for acknowledging me in your thank you note and Soh Woon for always leaving a seat. It was so very heartening as well to hear them asking about you and whether we would be coming for sessions. So hope to see all of you boys soon :) As for the volunteers, sorry I still do not know some of you but I believe more chances are coming the way. Those whom I got to know, you are all nice people hee hee.

Thank you D' Camp for wrapping up my 2010 so meaningfully. Happy New Year everyone let's embrace 2011! :>>

No comments: