Sunday, 2 January 2011

most fun camp of 2010

2010 Blk D camp rocks! That’s how I feel honestly about this camp entirely. It was a success in my opinion, thanks to everyone (volunteers and boys)! Memories still in my mind...

I was at first hesitant to being the GL because I doubted my ability to hype them up especially since I dunno them well with only one interactive session with them. And that was one month ago! Did not expect them to rmb us.. but now I’m really glad that I was one of the GLs and had the opportunity to interact so much with the boys…

Day 1: Getting to know each other

The icebreaker games prove to be a challenge to the younger boys especially with the game concentration and give me tempo ready go. It was funny to see how cute they are when they got it wrong and would rub their heads. During the flag identity creation time, I saw a lot of team efforts among the boys. I also noticed talent among them with some especially good in drawing and designing; one of them is even going ITE taking up digital animation. Cool! Heartening to know that he has interest and talent in that field..

At night, cheer fight. Even though the boys thought 'singing' "Konichiwa, konichiwa..." is too cutesy for them, they still did it! And also, I saw that one of them is especially good in public speaking, even during impromptu situations. Proud of them to won second for the cheer fight with their efforts put in!

Before the night ended, we were told that we were given the "Cartoon" theme for their performance the next night and this had all of us stumped....

Day 2: Dirty games time!

The boys played with extreme enthusiasm during the 'Scissors Paper Stone' game. They totally do not mind rolling in the mud just to win. Really alot of 敢玩 and 玩到底 spirit. Haha. I finally joined the boys during the soapy tug of war game. This had not proved to be anything tough for the boys despite their small size compared to other groups. Although they were not highly seen to be the winner for the tug of war, they had ultimately beat other groups with their determination to win fair and square. Totally proud of them! It was really the most fun tug of war I had ever played. The feeling was indeed indescribable at that moment...

During the day, all of us were helpless without adillia since all of us couldnt dance. Lucky Armstrong, adillia turned up and saved the entire group with her choreography of easy dance steps for everyone. In the end, I was sure everyone enjoyed performing during the time for performance. The group won first and they were really ecstatic. My applause for them couldnt be louder than ever.

It was a pity that I did not interact that much with the boys during the barbeque session..would have love to take the chance to know more about them. But, I still managed to get to know some of the boys' future plans...overall I'm really glad that some of them already know what they want to do. Only hope is that they would really work hard towards their goals...

Day 3: Farewell....

Before we left, all of us made cards for the boys, penning our thoughts and wishes to each and every one of them. I hope that they would follow the advice given and do well in the future. Can't wait for session soon, because I cant wait to help them materialize their goals and hope to play a part in shaping their future. I hope everyone really enjoyed themselves during the short period of time, because I had immensely did :)

- Soh Woon

No comments: